Texte d'introduction & contenu
le petit alaska chamoniard
A full day skiing off-piste on the steep faces between the summit of Ardolette and the Vormaine couloir. Wilderness, 360 degrees views over the Montblanc massif, the Valais and the Barrage d’Emosson.
- Meeting point 9:00h at Le Tour ESF Office.
- Safety is a priority; we will make a point before departure. Discuss the weather and snow conditions; prepare the itinerary, ARVA test.
- Little Warm up to join the Vallorcine side of the slopes: Esserts Chairlift + 20 min hike to join the Tête de Balme.
- After a break, a 360 degrees will show us the different couloirs that the North face of the Arolette offers, from easy ones up to 45°.
- Back to the Essert Chairlift through the Alpages de Catognes and the forest of la commune des Jeurs (Switzerland).
- Lunch at the Arret Bougnette, a typical restaurant in the Vallorcine’s train station, or Picnic (to be decided in advance).
- In the afternoon, 15min hike to reach the couloir of la Vormaine, offering South, West and North faces in a wild and magnificent environment. EQUIPMENT
- Transceiver, probe and shovel (airbag also possible).
- All Mountain skis, helmet.
- Water, thermos
- money (for lunch if needed)..